Monday, September 1, 2008

AVRIL LAVIGNE LIVE AT STADIUM MERDEKA, MALAYSIA


I love this banner and of course Avril as well :D

Friday, 29 August 2008 was a day that I hope I won't forget. I reached the stadium around 6.30pm (rushed from job interview and lunch+dinner in a meal). I don't have time to scout around and I missed to get my hands on the poster, lyrics book and other Avril collectibles, *sigh*. I joined with Jade and her boyfriend,Lee after changed my clothes. It was definitely not a good idea to wear leather shoes for work to a concert but I had no other choice. I think we were able to get in the stadium around 7.30pm. Everyone was rushing to get the best seat in the orange zone. The most worrying thing happened, that is the rain! Luckily, we were given free raincoats (made in China) by the organizer, Galaxy's staff. This is better than canceling the concert!

Around 9pm, there was a guy performing Maroon 5's "This Love" on stage. Poor guy, the fans kept screaming for Avril because they were not there to see him. The lights were off and the crossbone banner shown at the stage. Then, Avril came out and started her amazing concert in Malaysia! The fans sang so loud until I can't hear Avril's voice (poor sound system, not Avril or the band's fault!). My friend, Jade told me that Avril and her dancers were wearing Avril's latest clothing line, Abbey Dawn. I like Avril's clothes design but too bad they are girls fashion, so I can't wear them (I like the red hoodie with a golden heart at the back she wore at the concert). I noticed that a lot and I mean a lot of people can sing Avril's songs in full! (shame on me, I don't know all her songs). Beside me there was a young boy that kept snapping Avril non-stop (I asked him, "Taken a lot of pictures,eh?". He replied me with a smile while nodding).

The concert was full with people from all ages. Children, teenagers, young adults (me,jade n Lee) and even senior citizens came to watch AVRIL!! Some fans wore hoodies, shirts with a tie and even short pants! I love it when Avril ask us to say "Hey Hey Hey" and "Hey Hey Ho". Then we also follow her instructions to say "A-V-R-I-L" for The Best Damn Thing song. Her dancers are all ladies and they sure can dance, cool! Oh ya, my friends told me before that Avril's live performance before was no good. Well, I think when I watched her 'live', I found out that she's not the power type (sing arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........ for few mins) and sometimes she stopped to sing during a song played (I think la, not too sure though). However, I still think she has a good voice, pretty, cute, sexy, playful, cheerful, beautiful, omg I should stop here because I may go on forever :)

For her last 2 songs that night, the banner changed to a star design (represents her "Let Go" album, Jade told me). Then, came the moment when the song "When you're gone" is played. I was so emotional and I couldn't stopped my left eye shedding a tear (I was in pain and I couldn't cry because my manly ego doesn't let me. I hope nobody saw me,haha. Embarrassing). Thank you, Avril I felt a lot better. The most 'high' moment I believed was when the "Sk8er Boi" is played. Wow, the fans really love this song and sang along with Avril. I personally like "Complicated" because that was the 1st song I listen to. I definitely want to go to her concert again, best together with friends that love Avril as well! Even if you're gonna kill me Mr. Deryck, I still wanna say this "I love you, Avril" (on 2nd thought, plz don't kill me, Mr. Deryck. I'm still a virgin. HAHAHAHA... I don't know why I'm laughing).

Things I've noticed:
1) There was a small pink heart hanging down Avril's hair
2) There was a fan to blew straight at Avril in the front middle of the stage (she looks so cool)
3) Not much time was wasted when she changed her clothes (that's why the show was 1 n a half hr)
4) She wears a shirt and long pants (still she looks hot)
5) Her hair is curly for this live performance
6) She nearly cried when singing "I'm With You" and solo on the pink piano (I read fr forum)
7) She skipped the words "I'm the ___ princess", hell and sh*t

Ratings(out of 5) :
Avril ----------------------5 (Who even have any complaints on her?)
Dancers-------------------4
The band------------------5 (I personally think the drummer is good)
Sound system-------------3 (Barely heard the music and Avril's voice when the fans sang along)
Stage decorations----------5 (Why, you ask me? I love the crossbone banner)
Lights on stage------------3 (They can do better with the lightings when each songs are played)
Environment--------------5 (I'm not in a 'high' mode actually, but the fans and Avril changed that)

~To Eunice: Instead of saying sorry.. I know the first impression is very important (a friend told me that before) and I disappointed you. I can see it from your expressions (you're like in a shock,haha :P). I know I'm not cute or handsome and you might not want to talk or see me again. Well, at least let me say something that may make you happy. I think you're cute and you look much better in your pictures, :D I wish you all the best and may you have a beautiful life ahead of you. Bye

For more pictures at the concert click here
I think I spent almost 2 hours on this blog, wth?

View blog reactions

4 comments:

| Y | H | said...

Hey. You have a nice post as well !
Well, everyone miss that night damn much! Never get enought :)

You spent 2 hours ! I spent the whole day! Lol.

jade_adeline said...

well, we've a wonderful night and memorable day from avril~~~eh go meet pretty gal nvr invite me la?? so bad la u...at least let me have a look on avril lavigne fan ma issshhh

jade_adeline said...

hey..wanna add something here..Number (3). Actually, avril wore 2 pieces of clothes inside..tat's y she didnt waste much time on changing clothes...just realised leh..hahahaha

Eunice Adrielle Diva said...

hahaha.. eh i didnt say that wor.
i was just shock u were in ur office wear. hahas